How To Change Backgrounds With GIMP
Do you have a great picture, but want to change the background? With GIMP you can easily change backgrounds—from black to white, or from a beach setting to the mountains! Below you will find basic instructions on how to change backgrounds with GIMP.
- First open GIMP, then open your image.
- Now select the Rectangular Selection tool from the Toolbox.
- Using this tool crop out the parts of the image you don’t want in the picture.
- Then click Image > Crop.
- Now select the paths tool from the Toolbox.
- Now zoom in on your image and click to create a path around the area you want to keep.
- Once you have your path selected click Select > Invert then hit delete to remove the entire background outside of the selection.
- Now go to File > Open As Layers.
- Select the photo you want as your background image. This will place the selection on the new background!
For another step-by-step tutorial on how to change backgrounds with GIMP click here: http://gimpguru.org/tutorials/replacebackground/
For a turtorial on how to change background colors with GIMP click here: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Changing_Background_Color_1/
For video tutorials on how to change backgrounds with GIMP click here: